- Introduction to Magelia WebStore
- Guides and Help
- How To ?
- Video Tutorials
- StoreFront Guide & Download
- WebStore Module for Orchard
- API - WebServices documentation
- Database documentation
- Management console Help
Introduction to Magelia WebStore
Magelia WebStore is a powerful e-commerce software for the .NET environment and comes with a complete set of features. With Magelia WebStore, you can easily create elaborate e-commerce stores with the set of web services featured in Magelia WebStore.
The service -based approach of Magelia WebStore makes it easy to build scalable e-commerce stores for PCs, tablets, and smartphones, while enabling simple integration with other software. With Magelia WebStore, brands and small to large businesses can easily create multilingual and multi-currency e-commerce websites, define rich products including catalogs, categories, product variants, bundles and services, and define multiple taxes, discounts, and shipping options.
Magelia WebStore Community edition is a free and open-source software based on standard and innovative Microsoft technologies (.Net 4.5, SQL server 2008, OData).
What is Magelia WebStore ?
Magelia WebStore is an application for constructing an e-commerce site using a services layer.
Magelia WebStore is composed of an administration console and a web services layer. Users can create websites featuring HTML, Flash, apps for mobile devices, and even sites in PHP or Java, plus more. To see more than the Administration Console in action, install the free Demo Store.
The Magelia WebStore application relies on a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA).
An Administration Console manages the entire set of functionalities provided by the Magelia WebStore application: Catalog, Product, Price, etc. You can read more on these functionalities in the software’s operational documentation: /Media/Default/Documentation/QuickStartGuide-MageliaWebStore-v1.0-A4Format.pdf.
A services layer enables construction of an e-commerce application. This application can be a web application, a mobile application, or any other type of application compatible with SOAP or REST services.
To facilitate the creation of the e-commerce application, Magelia WebStore provides a .NET client. This client encapsulates the different service methods and enables not having to send certain mandatory settings by storing them in the application configuration file. Moreover, the sources of a Startersite written in ASP. Net MVC Razor is available for downloading here: /resources/store-front-installation-guide.
The diagram below shows the major elements of the e-commerce application.
For more information on the Magelia WebStore architecture, please visit our website at the following address: /page/technology#Architecture.
Information: To install Magelia WebStore, we recommend using Microsoft WebPI.
Build your e-commerce site based on Magelia WebStore using the following quick steps:
- Install Microsoft WebPI: http://www.microsoft.complatform.aspx.
- Install Magelia WebStore from WebPI. A Magelia WebStore installation guide is available at: /resources/guides/installation-guide.
- Configure your Magelia WebStore boutique with the help of the configuration guide: /Media/Default/Documentation/QuickStartGuide-MageliaWebStore-v1.0-A4Format.pdf.
- Build your application:
- Build your application with your preferred technology: ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Java or PHP websites. Build multi-device applications for PC tablets, iPhone, Windows Phone, and Android Phones. You can refer to our HowTo section to build an application with Visual Studio in ASP.NET MVC: /page/documentation#how_to.
- Use Magelia WebStore Module for Orchard: Use the Magelia module in Orchard to integrate Magelia into your Orchard application: /page/documentation#orchard.
- Get the demo site and see more than the Administration Console in action: /resources/store-front-installation-guide.
Information: For more information and the other ways of installing Magelia WebStore, please refer to the installation guide available here.
In the Administration Console, a Help section area is at your disposal on each page to provide detailed information about the screen and how to configure Magelia WebStore. Video Tutorials ar also available directly from this Help section for some screens.
Clicking on the help section will open a window and display the help page:
Help page (example):
Video tutorial (example):
If a video tutorial is available, it is to be found from the video tab:
The "?" button next to a label will display contextual explanations:
You will find additional resources online:
- Tutorials and code samples are available from the “How to ?“ section of the resources page on Magelia.org : /page/documentation
- Magelia WebStore Guides and Help are available from the the “How to ?“ section of the resources page on Magelia.org : /page/documentation
- Magelia WebStore YouTube Channel groups together all the video tutorials http://www.youtube.com/user/mageliawebstore?feature=watch